Thursday 4 September 2014

***Best Ever Breakfast Bars***

Nigella and Me




Yep I have a girl crush on this lady, her aura is so alluring and seductive…. and her gorgeous delicious creations to die for…. yes this is one funky lady.

So I found this recipe on her website. Its suppose to be with condensed milk HOWEVER I use to be addicted to this shit so don’t buy it anymore. I would sit on the couch and eat a whole tin with my spoon and then when they invented the squeezy tube…. oh yeah!
I decided to make up my own RAW condensed milk….

Here are the two recipes, take what you like and have fun creating :) 

***So Here are Nigella’s Breakfast Bars:

1 x can of condensed milk
250g rolled oats
75 g shredded coconut
100g dried cranberries
125g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame) 
125g natural unsalted peanuts


They are delicious!!!


***And here is my version, re invented in a conscious kind of way, without the sweet sweet sweet (in a Homer kind of way) condensed milk.

Breakfast BARS: Sugar free….
Inspired by Nigella….

RAW Condensed Milk:
1 cup of dates soaked
I/2 cup of hemp seeds
1/2 cup of spring water
2 drops of nutmeg oil


Mix altogether in the NingXia or whatever blender you have…

Add water to suit the texture and thickness you desire. I added over 1/2 a cup.

You can add extra agave or honey etc as a sweetener however I find it sweet enough.



I didn’t have any coconut in my pantry, so I searched what I had and added a sprinkle of: 
Cacao
Hemp seeds 
Chia seeds 
Cinnamon Powder
Dried Apricots
Bee Pollen

So I added all of these to my Raw Condensed Milk plus 
the Rolled Oats, Dried cranberries, pumpkin, sunflower seeds and raw peanuts.

Mix together in bowl until the mixture is all coated 

Press onto baking paper and tin. Bake for 1 hours 180 degrees C


Meanwhile on to the added bonus of choc fudge topping!
Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil
mix in 1/2 cup of cacao
and 1 cup of soaked dates.

Beat together till silky and smooth!!!


Pour over the top when muesli bar comes out of the oven, enjoy warm or slice when cool and cut into bars for kids lunch box!! :) 

HAPPY International Chocolate Day!
In - JOY xx

Love to learn more?, get in touch or grab some oils?
Connect with me, Amy 0405377298

No comments:

Post a Comment